For over twenty-nine years Paul M. Gaide's practice has emphasized superior representation of clients in state and federal courts, and in transactions. Mr. Gaide's unique combination of education and vocational experiences in law, finance, insurance, tax and accounting result in his family law clients receiving valuable insights and exceptional service.
In his career as an attorney, Mr. Gaide's clients have included individuals, sole proprietors, shareholders, partners, members of limited liability companies, corporations (local to national), banks (national and state), vulture funds, loan servicers, trustees, committees, governmental entities, regional health insurance providers, title companies, mortgage companies, and many more.
Prior to opening his own firm, Mr. Gaide practiced law with the multi-national Am Law 100 firm of Edwards & Angell, LLP (n/k/a Locke Lord, LLP), and the then third largest law firm in Connecticut, Schatz & Schatz, Ribicoff & Kotkin (dissolved).
Mr. Gaide brings a wealth of litigation and transactional experience representing individuals and businesses in a variety of legal matters, a sampling of which follows:
Family Law - Litigations and Mediations Cases have included the following types of issues:
- Parental Abduction - child recovered
- Dissolution of 20+ year marriage - client received approximately $4.25 million in pre-decree allocation of assets - $40+ million in marital assets in dispute
- Dissolution of 24+ year marriage - client received approximately $1 million in marital assets and spousal maintenance of $10,000 per month, for life
- Dissolution of 22+ year marriage - client ordered to receive approximately $2 million in marital assets; $12,500 per month in spousal maintenance for one month shy of 10 years; 50/50 parenting time with minor daughter, favorable decision-making; back child support of $3,833.33 per month for 24 months, and ongoing child support of $4,780.00 per month
- Dissolution of 32 year marriage - client received approximately $1,800,000 of net marital assets and $4,800 per month of spousal maintenance for ten (10) years
- Dissolution of marriage - client received an award of $50,000 as a pre-decree distribution, plus $5,800 per month in "temporary" maintenance
- Post-Decree Enforcement of Property Division - ex-spouse ordered to pay $130,000, plus statutory interest, plus attorney's fees
- Post-Decree Spousal Maintenance Modification - client's spousal support obligation was reduced by approximately $150,000 over approximately ten (10) years
- Post-Decree Child Support Modification - mother awarded an increase in child support in the approximate amount of $45,000 per year
- Dissolution of 17 year marriage: wife awarded about $260,000 in marital assets; plus interest at 8% per annum; plus attorney's fees; $4,700 per month in spousal maintenance for 8 years; and child support of $945 per month for one child
- Dissolution of marriage with 3 year old child: Father awarded 50/50 parenting time over CFI recommendation that he be awarded 5 days out of every 14 days (with large gaps without parenting time)
- Allocation of Parental Responsibilities - client/father of 4 year old daughter awarded 10/14 overnights for parenting time; full decision-making (with obligation to consult with mother) (over CFI recommendation); and child support from mother